WELCOME

Welcome to my blog. I'd love to hear what you think so be sure to sign my guest book before you leave. This is where I will be displaying the cards I am making. I will be adding new cards as I make them so come back to see what's new.

TO VIEW CARDS

To view my cards, go down to the "archive" on the right hand side of this page and click on November. Click on the catagory you wish to view. To get back to the main page (this page) click on the "home" link under the pictures. Some of the catagories are empty at the moment. I will post those cards as I make them. Thank you for your patience.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

New Techniques I've been trying out.. and a few regular cards I've made lately.

Sometimes you've just got to try something new.  I've been having a lot of fun trying these new techniques.  I really like the stained glass and the spinner.  After making the spinner card I played with it all night.  ha ha.  It really doesn't take very much to amuse me does it.  Ok here they are not in any particular order..


This is a card I originally made for easter, but after making it I realized it would be great for so many different occasions, so I made the same front, with 2 different sentiments inside.




This is the stained glass card.  It is so pretty in person.  I LOVE this technique.  The butterfly image is popped off the page.  This card has alot of depth to it.



Ok, so on this card, I tried my hand at making my own embossing folder.  It took me a few tries.  I thought I finally had it, then realized I had to flip the words.  ha ha.  Oh well, the end result is nice.  I'm going to have to try doing more of these, if I can find some blank folders that are reasonably priced.



This is the spinner card.  How fun are these?  You flip the card side to side and the little fishy flips back and forth across the page.






This card I tried "flocking" for the first time.  For those of you that don't know, flocking gives it a felt like texture.  I really like this card.  I don't like the picture though because it doesn't really show very well.  I flocked the girl in purple.  It is not as dark as it appears in the photo.






This card I'm not real sure about.  Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't.  I think I am going to flock the deer in the next ones.




This card was alot of fun to make. It is my first flower pot pocket card.  Well my first pocket card of any kind.  I like how it turned out.  Other than the snail.  I am working on that.





This is my first little girl card.  No new techniques, just felt like making one.


Well, that's it for this post.  Hope you enjoy the cards.

5 comments:

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

Wow, wow, wow! I think the flowerpot is my personal favorite just because I love flowers so much and that spotted snail tickled me pink! I love how you challenge yourself.

scootingranny said...

These are all wonderful. That fishing slider card is one that would be absolutely perfect for my son in law. Thanks for sharing!

Nita's World Handmade said...

Oh Shell, I just all of your cards! Great Job.

Joanne said...

Hi Shelley! Just wanted to drop by and wish you and your family a very Happy Easter! Hugs, J:)

Nita's World Handmade said...

All of the cards are just wonderful!