WELCOME

Welcome to my blog. I'd love to hear what you think so be sure to sign my guest book before you leave. This is where I will be displaying the cards I am making. I will be adding new cards as I make them so come back to see what's new.

TO VIEW CARDS

To view my cards, go down to the "archive" on the right hand side of this page and click on November. Click on the catagory you wish to view. To get back to the main page (this page) click on the "home" link under the pictures. Some of the catagories are empty at the moment. I will post those cards as I make them. Thank you for your patience.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Two posts in 3 days. I'm getting Better. Ha ha.

I thought I'd share some more cards I've been working on.  I tried the brayering.. just a tip, use glossy card stock. lol.  On the first one I am showing, I used the 80 weight paper and you can see the lines.  I think it still looks good, but would be much better with glossy paper.  I was going to use the cb folder for the bird and reeds, but it would have put the bird at the top of the page.  Wish I would have figured that out before hand.  Ha ha.  Soooo, I looked at the CB folder and free handed the bird and reeds.  Not to shabby I think. 


Ok, now on these next two, I really wanted a sunset to come out smooth, with no lines.  I don't have any glossy card stock just yet, so I used photo paper.  I didn't use the brayer, I used glimmer mist.  I really like them.  I then embossed the first one and colored in the leaves and branches.  The 2nd one I used a stamp.  I got the tree a bit to low.  On the next one I make like this, I will raise the tree a tad.  Ok, so I haven't loaded the 2nd one into the computer yet.  I'll do that one another time.

 

This last one I am showing, I made for a challenge.  While I was planning it out, I decided it might make a nice mothers day card.  We'll see what it really ends up as.. but I'm thinking Mothers Day.  I used my Heritage Cart.  and the cb on this one.  I used my trusty red marker to make all of the red dots and my white gel pen to doodle the white dots.  The roses in center is a stamp that I colored with prisma pencils.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, girl! You are rocking those CB folders! Love how you've used them. I love the effect of that sunset... very pretty!

Laura said...

Your cards are beautiful.. i love them all but the first two are so pretty with the sunset colours..

Shelley Evetts said...

LOL Margie, yeah, I seem to be using them alot lately. I get stuck on a thing. Right now it seems to be sunsets. I'm hoping I'm over that now, so I can move on. ha ha. But I am loving the CB folders.

Thank you Laura. I still need to get the brayering thing down. I'll have to get some glossy card stock and different inks before I try it again though. The glimmer mist is doing the trick until then... although I am just about out of a few colors now. Definately have to restock that.